As the Canadian Winter nears, here are just some of the mindful tips on how to prepare for those changing temperatures. Arrange for a furnace or heating system service with a qualified company
Fall & Winter Home Maintenance Checklist
Dated: October 15 2021
As the Canadian Winter nears, here are just some of the mindful tips on how to prepare for those changing temperatures.
- Arrange for a furnace or heating system service with a qualified company – annually for an oil furnace and every two years for a gas furnace.
- Lubricate circulating pump on hot water heating system.
- Turn ON gas furnace pilot light.
- Check and clean or replace furnace air filters each month throughout the heating season. Ventilation systems, such as heat recovery ventilator filters, should be checked every two months.
- Vacuum electric baseboard heaters.
- Clean portable humidifier, if applicable.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Check your roof if you are able.
- Drain garden hoses.
- Put a protective cover over the AC unit to prevent damage from snow and ice.
- Stow away patio furniture where possible.
Reliable, Relatable, Results! Helping you and helping animals. I have teamed up with Burlington Humane Society, and when you buy or sell with me, a percentage of my commission will be donated to help....
Latest Blog Posts
Dreaming of a home with a pool? Text 289Pool to 2267776706 for an active list of current homes for sale within Burlington, Oakville and Milton. Looking for another area? Give me a call, I'd be